Friday, May 21, 2010

I survived my MRI


But it was a near thing. They did put me in feet first, but one more inch and I'd have been out of there. If I ever need an MRI on the top half of me, they're going to have to drug me. As it was, I spent 45 minutes reminding myself to breathe and consciously relaxing all the muscles I'd tightened up. "BREATHE." "You're not going to die." "Just a few minutes longer." "BREATHE."

It kind of helped that I could see the counter from where I was. I guess every time the thingy moves around to another angle, they start a new countdown, so I could see it go by in groups of 3-6 minutes, which helped, and I could also add it up in my head (once I realized what I was looking at), since he'd told me it would take 30-45 minutes. I also thought about the Ts and Stella and my mom.

Meanwhile, it's a sunny breezy day, and we're going to go out to play in a while (after I recover). It's supposed to get hot this week--boo! I vote for sunny and cool.

Apparently one result of the starlings throwing safflower seed all over the place is tht they're sprouting. My thought is that I'll get one of those weight-sensitive feeders that I can set for cardinals but not starlings, and then switch over to one of the no-waste blends (no hulls, so no sprouting). Not sure what I'm going to do about all the safflower plants, though. Round-up? I'm a little worried it might poison the birds, though.

I've got some suet hanging up at the edge of the dog pen, but nobody seems to have discovered it yet. I took the hummer feeder down. I might try it again later.

I thought I saw the indigo bunting at the feeder when I came home, but it flew away before I could get my field glasses to be sure. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: